WCH Fire Department Officials say the blaze started on the upper floor.
Safety crews responded to a nursing home fire, Thursday afternoon. The Washington CH Fire Department was dispatched to the Carlton Manor Nursing Home on Rawlings Street just after 3pm. Officials say the fire started in a resident's room on the upper floor but was extinguished by the sprinkler system before firefighters arrived.
A couple of residents were reportedly treated by squad members for smoke inhalation.
Officials did not release a cause of fire and said the State Fire Marshal has been called in to investigate.