While children are at home more frequently during the summer months, parents are warned to monitor their children's accessibility to household products that could prove to be very dangers.
Things like mouthwash, facial cleaners, and perfumes are a danger because of the alcohol content. Parents should pay close attention especially during summer or holiday parties.
Dr. Ellen Rome, with the Cleveland Clinic, says magnets and button batteries can cause serious health problems when swallowed, and nail glue removers and primers should always be kept out of reach of children.
In Washington CH earlier this week, an 18-month-old child accidental got into a "vodka drink" left sitting on a table by an adult. The child was taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure.