Emmy Nominations announced.
Thursday 07-16-2009 12:36pm ET
Flight of the Conchords
How I Met Your Mother
LEAD ACTOR, DRAMA
Gabriel Byrne, In Treatment
Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
Michael C. Hall, Dexter
Jon Hamm, Mad Men
Hugh Laurie, House
Simon Baker, The Mentalist
LEAD ACTRESS, DRAMA
Glenn Close, Damages
Sally Field, Brothers and Sisters
Mariska Hargitay, Law and Order: S-V-U
Holly Hunter, Saving Grace
Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men
Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer
LEAD ACTOR, COMEDY
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Jermaine Clement, Flight of the Conchords
Steve Carell, The Office
Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory
Tony Shalhoub, Monk
Charlie Sheen, Two and a Half Men
LEAD ACTRESS, COMEDY
Christina Applegate, Samantha Who?
Toni Collette, United States of Tara
Tina Fey, 30 Rock
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, The New Adventures of Old Christine
Sarah Silverman, The Sarah Silverman Show
Mary-Louise Parker, Weeds
LEAD ACTOR, MINI-SERIES OR MOVIE
Kevin Kline, Cyrano de Bergerac (Great Performances)
Brendan Gleeson, Into the Storm
Ian McKellen, King Lear (Great Performances)
Kevin Bacon, Taking Chance
Kiefer Sutherland, 24: Redemption
Kenneth Branagh, Wallander: One Step Behind
LEAD ACTRESS, MINI-SERIES OR MOVIE
Chandra Wilson, Accidental Friendship
Shirley MacLaine, Coco Chanel
Drew Barrymore, Grey Gardens
Jessica Lange, Grey Gardens
Sigourney Weaver, Prayers for Bobby
REALITY SHOW COMPETITION
The Amazing Race
Dancing With the Stars
The Dog Whisperer
Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List
REALITY SHOW HOST
Tom Bergeron, Dancing With the Stars
Phil Keoghan, The Amazing Race
Heidi Klum, Project Runway
Jeff Probst, Survivor
Ryan Seacrest, American Idol
Padma Lakshmi, Tom Colicchio, Top Chef
SUPPORTING ACTOR, DRAMA
Christian Clemenson, Boston Legal
Michael Emerson, Lost
William Hurt, Damages
Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad
John Slattery, Mad Men
William Shatner, Boston Legal
SUPPORTING ACTRESS, DRAMA
Rose Byrne, Damages
Hope Davis, In Treatment
Cherry Jones, 24
Sandra Oh, Grey's Anatomy
Dianne Wiest, In Treatment
Chandra Wilson, Grey's Anatomy
SUPPORTING ACTOR, COMEDY
Jon Cryer, Two and a Half Men
Kevin Dillon, Entourage
Neil Patrick Harris, How I Met Your Mother
Jack McBrayer, 30 Rock
Tracy Morgan, 30 Rock
Rainn Wilson, The Office
SUPPORTING ACTRESS, COMEDY
Kristin Chenoweth, Pushing Daisies
Jane Krakowski, 30 Rock
Elizabeth Perkins, Weeds
Amy Poehler, Saturday Night Live
Kristen Wiig, Saturday Night Live
Vanessa Williams, Ugly Betty
DRAMA GUEST ACTOR
Ed Asner, C-S-I: New York
Ernest Borgine, E-R
Ted Danson, Damages
Michael J. Fox, Rescue Me
Jimmy Smits, Dexter
DRAMA GUEST ACTRESS
Carol Burnett, Law and Order: S-V-U
Ellen Burstyn, Law and Order: S-V-U
Brenda Blethyn, Law and Order: S-V-U
Sharon Lawrence, Grey's Anatomy
C-C-H Pounder, The Number-One Ladies Detective Agency
COMEDY GUEST ACTOR
Alan Alda, 30 Rock
Beau Bridges, Desperate Housewives
Justin Timberlake, Saturday Night Live
Steve Martin, 30 Rock
Jon Hamm, 30 Rock
COMEDY GUEST ACTRESS
Jennifer Aniston, 30 Rock
Christine Baranski, The Big Bang Theory
Tina Fey, Saturday Night Live
Gena Rowlands, Monk
Elaine Stritch, 30 Rock
Betty White, My Name Is Earl
How to spot a player... and how to know if he's serious about you
Monday 08-10-2009 3:33pm ET
Can you spot a player? Here are tip-offs from author Neil Strauss, who spent two years spying on pick-up artists for his book The Game.
He's just playing games if ...
1. He gives you guilt trips. Says Strauss, "One guy I knew told a girl who was hesitant to go home with him, 'I thought you said you were spontaneous and a free spirit.'"
2. He's got a gimmick. Pick-up pros call this "peacocking" -- doing something outrageous to pull a woman, any woman, in. (One guy wore seven-inch platform shoes.)
3. He gives backhanded compliments, like "You kinda have man hands. But you're cute." (Actual line!). It's an attempt to make you feel insecure so you'll want to win a guy's approval -- in bed.
4. You're not sure how he feels. If you're always asking your friends whether they think a guy likes you or not, the answer is no. Don't ignore your intuition. As Strauss says, "It's your best defense against a player."
He's serious if...
1. He's happy to hand over his favorite book/CD/sweatshirt if you ask to borrow it. "A clear sign he's fully planning on seeing it -- and you -- again," says Strauss.
2. He's brought you to his favorite bar. Strauss says: "If a guy's integrating you into his daily life, then he's looking to make you a permanent part of it."
3. He returns your calls quickly. Players thrive by messing with your mind -- one guy told Strauss he let a girl leave him 12 messages before calling her back.
4. He goes to your nephew's fifth birthday party with you. "A man who sees you as just a fling is usually going to avoid situations where there's zero chance of having sex with you."
Cosmo.com's signs he is in to you!
Thursday 07-16-2009 12:40pm ET
4 SIGNS HE'S DEFINITELY INTO YOU
1. He Texts You Between Noon and 5 p.m. This means you're his priority. He's waited long enough not to look desperate, yet he's leaving time for you two to make solid plans.
2. He Schmoozes With Your Pals. Despite what he may say, he's seen Sex and the City enough to know how influential friends are.
3. He Takes You Out During the Day. Someone who invites you to lunch legitimately wants to get to know you. Bonus points if he's willing to come to your neighborhood.
4. He E-mails You. If he sends a message during a work day that might mean he was stressed out and using you as a pleasant escape.